Interested in Machine Learning, and empowering the world to do more and better machine Learning? Amazon Web Service's (AWS) Machine Learning platform team is building customer-facing services to catalyze data scientists and software engineers in their machine learning endeavors. This product is a blend of HTTP API's, low and high-level SDK's, and an AWS Console UI.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of distributed systems, rich client-side libraries, and/or first-class UI's. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing distributed systems, client SDKs, and/or web UI's, deep technical skills, excellent project management skills, and experience hiring and developing talent. We're moving fast, and this is a great team to come to to have a huge impact on AWS and the world's customers we serve.
- Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments. This includes the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Insist on the highest standard for operational excellence from day 1 so development resources
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Customer engagement and product roadmap definition.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.