Amazon Kindle is a revolutionary product and one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. We have multiple position openings in Seattle, WA and Vancouver, BC.
This position requires a strong background in software development, agile methodology, client side software, backend services and system, customer facing software and scalable architectures.
1. Management of resources, staffing, mentoring, enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
2. Develop the long-term strategy for your programs and translate that into an achievable action plan. Execute against plans and roadmaps.
3. Work with engineers and development managers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
4. Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
5. Responsible for the overall development life cycle of a program.
- You are a technically strong software engineer who takes pride in tackling the hardest technical challenges.
- You are passionate about building and owning critical infrastructure services that serve global customers every minute of the day.
- You excel at working in an agile environment and collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry.
Here are some reasons you should come work with us:
- You will be building and owning highly distributed and scalable products and services.
- You will get the opportunity to work closely with a great team of software developers.
- You will understand what it takes to grow and operate a global business at our scale.
- You will understand our data-driven culture and how we make decisions that delight our customers.