Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. We have data center locations in the U.S., Europe, Singapore, and Japan, and customers across all industries. We are seeking experienced Custom / Structured Custom Design Engineers to build the next generation of our cloud server infrastructure. Our success depends on our world-class infrastructure; we’re handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
As a member of the Silicon Optimization Engineering Team you’ll be responsible for the design and optimization of hardware in our data centers. You’ll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You’ll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to improve your product’s performance, quality and cost. We’re changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today. Key Responsibilities:
· Work closely with Architects and provide design feedback to optimize the performance of new architectures
· Develop micro-architecture, implement, and simulate custom or structured custom circuits to realize the architecture
· Work closely with modeling, verification, validation, and test teams to ensure the circuits meet the goals and requirements (such as functionality, frequency, power, and area targets)
· Direct the physical design (layout or place & route) of the circuits in state of the art process technology nodes and ensure that the circuits meet timing checks, pass mask verification checks, power integrity checks, and reliability checks.
· Be a highly-valued member of our start-up like team through technical leadership, collaboration, and teamwork