Do you have IT consulting experience with Fortune 500 enterprise organizations across a variety of technologies and disciplines? Have you built and led successful, global IT consulting practices for a major IT platform leader? Do you have broad technical skills and experience across all aspects of enterprise IT anc Cloud at all layers of the stack? Can you build and lead technical specialty teams that drive design wins, then package and publish best practices? Can you make new markets for new technologies?
At AWS, we’re hiring executive advisors and highly technical architects to help AWS partners develop technical expertise and capacity. We work with our partners on joint enterprise customer engagements around the world. Our AWS consultants deliver IT infrastructure architecture guidance, lead proof-of-concept projects, perform enterprise portfolio assessments, review operational best practices and conduct skills transfer workshops. AWS consultants collaborate with customers and partners to address security and compliance, performance and scale, availability and manageability. They advise customers on migrating existing systems and building new systems using the full range of AWS services. They also assist with the non-technical change management work on policies, processes and people changes.
We’re looking for an experienced leader to build a global technical specialty team, covering a variety of technical areas. These teams will be very deep technically in their areas. They will be global experts and travel internationally as needed. They will have a strong combination of technical experience and people skills. They will be very fast learners and very effective coaches. They will collaborate with many AWS engineering teams to introduce and refine new platform web services for the large enterprises. These teams will harvest, package and publish best practices and repeatable offerings to AWS partners in each technical specialty to accelerate their transition to a cloud based IT model using AWS.
· Build a business - collaborate with sales leaders and engineering teams to drive design wins and platform adoption on platform specialties like Oracle, Microsoft, VMWare and SAP. They will provide leadership on various IT disciplines such as network architecture, devops implementation, hybrid systems management, application modernization, virtual desktop, big data, machine learning and IOT, collaboration, communication and messaging.
· Build and lead great teams - attract top technical talent to build high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth, and outstanding customer relationship skills, and a career focus on a specific technical specialty. Assemble and develop the very best in the world in each specialty.
· Develop partnerships – proactively develop industry solution maps for each technical specialty and engage the leading solution and service providers for each. Drive collaboration and integration between multiple partners to deliver comprehensive solutions for large enterprises.
· Learn and teach – build small teams with single threaded leaders in each technical specialty area. Work with them to learn the newest platform services very quickly. Support them in harvesting and publishing best practices to broader field and partner teams. Also, guide them to engage individual project teams and teach the implementation processes and skills related to their technical specialty.
· Make new markets – develop the engagement model for driving the first design wins for the very newest platform web services, to open new market segments and clear the way for cloud-based IT using AWS in each technology area.
· Be a customer advocate - Work with AWS engineering service teams to convey deep technical requirements from partners and customers as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
· Deliver value - lead high quality delivery of a variety of deeply technical engagements with partners and enterprise customers in the commercial and public sectors, enabling breakthrough business outcomes for customers.