Amazon.com is looking for a motivated Business Operations and Business Planning leader to join its Network Scaling and Integration team to manage & scale one of the world’s largest and most complex networks. With Amazon Web Services (http://aws.amazon.com
), our goal is to become “The Infrastructure Platform” to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. We are looking for innovative ways to deploy and scale our network as we expand, while driving complex issues to resolution. The selected candidate will be responsible for the business strategy and planning for the teams reporting to the Global NSI Manager of Business Operations based in Virginia, USA.
As a member of the AWS Network Scaling and Integration team, you will be responsible for operational analysis and strategic planning of the organization to align with or expanding and innovating Cloud data centers. You will help lead the transformation and continued growth of the organization by completing task such as procuring of material, productivity analysis, feasibility studies, process improvements and activity base cost analysis. Your role will require working with all organizational levels and groups including network deployment staff, network scaling staff and other project management teams, as well as external vendors. A solid background in network operations planning, technology deployment, project management and operational finance is essential for your success in this position. You must be able to command the intellectual respect of engineers as well as run extremely effective projects on compressed and timelines while dealing with ambiguity with grace and maturity. You should be passionate about producing effective analysis, process improvement, and metric development enabling management to make breakthrough decisions and ultimately delight our customers.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with experience in a fast and growing industry. We are growing rapidly in existing regions as well as expanding into new regions. As a member of this team, you will work with global NSI leadership to:
- Material procurement - Improve vendors’ payments experience and driving operational efficiency
· Operational Analysis
· Cost Optimization
· Due Diligence
· Activity base cost analysis
· Budgetary controls and forecasting with ability to provide clear executive level explanations and guidance
· Successfully build relationship with finance and other stakeholders to develop budget/forecast
· Partner with operations to analyze processes to surface pain point and develop cost models designed to drive efficiency
We are growing rapidly in existing regions as well as expanding into new regions. As a member of this team, you will work with global NSI leadership to:
* Serve as a key team member working directly with internal stakeholders to provide process improvement, metric and recommendations.
* Ability to structure problems, perform analysis, and present to your business partners. Supporting business partners at Amazon requires the ability to dissent, while building trust with your business partners.
* Report weekly, and monthly operating metrics
* Analyze business and project results for key takeaways to achieve business objectives
* Monitor vendor compliance with controls and systems, and developing new processes to support the fast-growing, global AWS business
* Develop detailed and creative solutions to complex problems, while keeping a watchful eye on timelines and costs