The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Are you passionate about delivering quality products? Are you equally comfortable digging into business requirements as you are drilling into architecture and design with development teams? Can you drive large cross-team projects that deliver state of the art hardware, software and services? If your answer to these questions is yes, then consider joining the Amazon Digital Products team!
We're seeking a Sr. Technical Program Manager to lead our Product Launch Automation initiatives. In particular, you will reinvent how we take our products from early concept to market, building systems that reinvent the process and tools to launch our growing product lines.
- Collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers within Amazon Devices and related operational teams
- Writing specifications for solutions to hard business problems including how to launch new devices of increasing complexity as fast as we can build
- Driving project schedules from design to release, and handling the production launch of technical solutions. Delivery in a timely and successful manner is expected.
- Leading and coordination of design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions.
- Determining appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, balancing the business needs versus technical constraints
- Clearly communicating goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
- Anticipating project risks, bottlenecks, and, as they occur, driving blockers to resolution.
- Taking large, complex projects and breaking them down into manageable pieces that can be outlined via functional specifications for the dev team.
We are looking for someone who possesses a strong program management background, has demonstrated experience leading medium to large scale projects, and has a well-rounded technical background in current development technologies. A great fit will thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. We want a Technical Program Manager who can develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. Maturity, high discernment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.