Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security Systems Engineer (Data Centre/Critical Infrastructure)
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Data Centre Operations Security Team is seeking a highly talented and motivated Security Systems Engineer to join our team. The team is responsible for the design and installation of security systems equipment including, but not limited to, Access Control/Intrusion Detection and CCTV Surveillance systems.
You will also be responsible for the continuous review of existing standards and to stay abreast of developments in new technology that will enhance the physical security footing of AWS data centres and collocations. You will work directly with the Cluster Security Team, the Ops Team and customers, both internal and external to translate their requirements into physical security systems design and implementation. Your work will include supporting the construction and deployment of physical security packages for all AWS data centres and collocations in the Canada Central region. You will also work closely with contractors and vendors to ensure that all security standards are met during the construction phase of the facilities.
The ideal candidate for the role will be willing and able to work in all disciplines, at all levels; from system design and layout, construction and implementation and oversee system maintenance and upgrades over the life of the project. You will have an in depth knowledge of security technology, be innovative, highly organized and know how to deliver results on time and on budget. Roles and Responsibilities
· Installation of approved physical security system hardware, which includes access control devices, intrusion detection devices, and other components of datacentre physical security systems.
· Design of a physical security system for datacentre expansion projects, subject to Cluster Security Manager's (CSM) approval for implementation.
· Preparation of security design documentation and bills of material for expansion projects for the purposes of pricing by approved vendors.
· Review and quality assurance of vendor quotes along with the CSM.
· Submission of complete and accurate vendor quote packages to the Infrastructure Technical Project Manager for inclusion in expansion project requisitions.
· Project management of security system installation vendors in support of datacentre expansion projects.
· Representative for physical security system acceptance, sign-off, and operational readiness validation in conjunction with the CSM.
· Indexing and archiving of project close-out documentation.
· Reporting performance metrics such as physical security system installation vendor service delivery performance and device performance as required