AbeBooks is seeking a talented leader with a strong technical and management background to build the next generation platform that is configuration driven, self-service capable, to serve the fast growing needs of various businesses at AbeBooks. These systems play a critical role in enabling the business to launch on time, by minimizing the SDE effort involved in handling the new business events and translate them into financial events that could then be persisted onto systems within AbeBooks.
As a Manager here, you will lead your team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize the platforms that processes these business events. You will interface with several teams including Marketplace Systems, Order Pipeline Systems and Financial systems. Our mission is to provide a world-class customer experience using scalable and robust software, so the challenges and opportunities span both the business and technical realms.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on manager with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Build a best-in-class engineering team that delivers excellent results through rapid iterations
- Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems
- Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
- Provide thought leadership and establish technical vision for the team
- Mentor and grow super star SDEs to take on increasingly higher responsibilities
Job location: 500-655 Tyee Road, Victoria, BC V9A 6X5
Salary Range: $113,200 - $189,000, commensurate with skills and experience
Benefits: AbeBooks provides a full range of benefits for our employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. Benefits for Canada include but are not limited to:
- Extended Benefits, including health and dental plans
- RRSP Savings Plan & Employer matching
- Paid Time Off
- Signing Bonuses
- Employee Stock
- Parking / Transportation Subsidy
To apply, please visit http://amazon.jobs/team/abebooks
. If you would like an update on your application, you may reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org