Amazon’s Last Mile Technology has the operational focus of providing new and different technologies to solve challenges in the last mile delivery space. We want to ensure a top-in-class customer experience from the time a customer places an order on Amazon.com to the time it lands in the customer’s hands. It is in our makeup to drive true innovation in this space.
Building on that concept, the most recent accomplishment in this space is Amazon’s new delivery system, Amazon Flex. Amazon Flex aims to delight customers by delivering millions of packages faster than ever before. We recently launched Prime Now, a great benefit for Prime members who can now skip a trip to the store by shopping on the Prime Now app for products like paper towels, shampoo, books, toys, and batteries with orders delivered right to their door in an hour or less. But this is not just benefiting our end customers, with Amazon Flex, individuals can now be their own boss while earning money delivering ultra-fast Prime Now orders. You can find out more about Amazon Flex, our newest delivery innovation, at flex.amazon.com
As part of this new org, we are building new development teams in Toronto. You will be responsible for hiring the development team and working on a version 1.0 product. You will build critical services within the Amazon Flex platform which will help Delivery Partners give our customers a perfect delivery experience.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for the end to end ownership of a technology team, including setting the technical vision for developing our systems to serve Amazon's needs.
- Build and manage great software engineers that are responsible for developing and maintaining software that optimizes our transportation network.
- Be a champion of engineering and operational excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
- Establish a consistent, project management framework and excellent development processes to deliver high quality software, in rapid iterations, for business partners in multiple geographies.
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long term vision.
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing engineers.
- Represent the technical organization and evangelize the work to senior leadership.
- Raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences.
It’s always Day 1 at Amazon, are you up for the challenge?
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer-F/M/V/D