Amazon Web Services (AWS) Hardware Engineering is a fast-growing and leading-edge research and development team that designs, engineers and qualifies cloud-optimized compute and storage enterprise products. Our servers are industry-leading in innovation and operational excellence, and are critical to the success of the AWS service owners and the more than one million customers who use AWS today. Our engineers solve challenging technology problems with architecturally-unique solutions that enable AWS to realize critical business strategies. As part of this, the Hardware Qualification team owns the total hardware validation testing cycle and ensures the high expectations of our cloud customers are met.
The team is currently seeking an exceptional engineer to join us in developing world-class quality hardware for the Amazon cloud. As Principal Software Development Engineer in Test, you will find that we have unique and challenging requirements that need creative solutions and the development of non-trivial tools and processes. You will work across the business to drive alignment and make technically-influential business decisions. Why it matters:
The public cloud IT infrastructure market is growing at a remarkable rate and is seeing rapid adoption from companies of all sizes. The quality of one of the largest server fleets in the world starts here. We directly improve the business outcomes of more than a million customers who depend on AWS. Why You’ll Love it:
You'll be part of an incredibly strong and deep team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment. This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of cloud evolution, enabling and extending our distributed systems on a massive scale across multiple data centers, multiple countries and millions of customers. What You Will Do:
· Work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, outside partners, and customers to drive key aspects of QA process, definition, and execution.
· Drive an environment of continuous improvement and world-class efficiency.
· Challenge conventional thinking; create innovative paths forward.
· Develop enhancements to our test capability and accuracy working in concert with the related internal Dev and QA teams.
· Drive intelligent data analysis that enhances the team’s ability to raise the bar on quality while increasing operational efficiency.
· Identify and prioritize critical test gaps and develop solutions that address them before they impact customers.
· Be the recognized domain expert on hardware QA; the go-to engineering backstop on all QA technology issues in the cloud.
· Be a prolific change-agent and communicator on the team.
· Mentor and train others in QA methodologies.