Team DescriptionAmazon Web Services (AWS)
has been leading the world into the cloud computing era since its inception 11 years ago. The AWS Partner Network (APN)
is the vital ecosystem we have created with our tens of thousands of consulting and technology partners to promote AWS in every industry, every size of company, and every region of the world. APN offerings include validating partner qualifications in distinct areas, lead/opportunity sharing, training and certifications, marketing assistance, funding reimbursement, and more. The AWS Partner Systems team is responsible for external and internal systems supporting Partner Sales, the APN, and other elements driving the AWS partner ecosystem. We serve three groups of stakeholders: partners who work with us to sell AWS, customers who use AWS, and internal users responsible for driving AWS sales and adoption via partners.
As the team's DevOps Engineer, you will be a core member of the technical team supporting AWS partner systems. ~80% of your role will involve owning implementation of tooling and processes needed to run activities such as code migration, automated testing execution, environment refreshes, and code review. As such, your main goal will be to facilitate maximum productivity of the dev team, traceability of code changes through environments, and maintenance of high code quality / low instances of bugs in production. The remaining ~20% of your time will be spent as a hands-on application developer, contributing to both technical maintenance initiatives and new functionality. While the Force.com platform will be a strong focus, you will be willing and able to learn and support other technologies as required by changing business needs. This is your chance to make a huge impact on the productivity of a growing and visible team as we move to invest more heavily in our own efficiency.
- Implement tooling and process to manage migration of all systems changes (code, configuration, and mass data updates) through various environments (dev sandbox, UAT sandbox, PROD, etc.) on Salesforce.com. Own daily execution of migrations, researching and resolving migration errors as needed.
- Implement tooling and process to manage regular execution of tests in various environments; initial focus will be on testing back-end logic, but we eventually want to include front-end testing as well.
- Implement tooling and process to manage regular data backups of Salesforce.com and other relevant database systems.
- Manage ongoing maintenance activities such as certificate renewals, outage communications, and sandbox environment refreshes.
- Contribute to development of core team deliverables such as integrations, portal modules, business process automation, and bug fixes.