Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world. Job Description
Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global eCommerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses in nine countries, including Retail, third party marketplaces, eCommerce platforms, web services for developers.
You will manage a Compliance operation team to support the retail teams at Amazon to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory guidelines for our products. Currently we’re mainly focusing on illegal products review, imported products document review, rule writing for import export tariff classifications. You will interact directly with Amazon internal customers in China, as well as global functional team to streamline process, manage requirement changes and ensure high quality and service level. Key Performance Areas
- Manage China and Japan illegal Product Review operation teams and processes to ensure effective workflow
- Implement best-in-class processes and practices for maintaining and exceeding productivity, quality and service level agreements.
- Actively manage and continuously improve workflow management to ensure effective use of resources and adherence to service level agreements.
- Provide focused feedback loops for teams based on performance and quality data. Develop and reward strong performers.
- Analyze the key levers of the business to identify trends and proactively take action to improve efficiency and quality.
- Work with software teams to articulate and prioritize feature needs for system and tools.
- Recruit top-quality employees. Develop employees and their skill sets to expand the team capabilities and provide growth opportunities for future Amazon leaders.
- Lead or participate into local and global projects.