We have multiple Software Development Leadership position openings in Seattle, WA and Vancouver, BC. Managers interested in this position should have hands-on experience in building dependable, straightforward systems that stand up to massive scale. We take agility and rapid iteration seriously. Our work involves customer-facing UI as well as large-scale data analysis, and the design and implementation of production-scale back-end systems. The team also owns internal tools to enable engineering and product teams to quickly conduct content targeting and experimentation. We are looking for a talented software development manager with strong technical background and people management experiences to manage and develop a highly talented and experienced engineer team.
1. Management of resources, staffing, mentoring, enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
2. Develop the long-term strategy for your programs and translate that into an achievable action plan. Execute against plans and roadmaps.
3. Work with engineers and development managers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
4. Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
5. Responsible for the overall development life cycle of a program.
- You are a technically strong software engineer who takes pride in tackling the hardest technical challenges.
- You are passionate about building and owning critical infrastructure services that serve global customers every minute of the day.
- You excel at working in an agile environment and collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry.
Here are some reasons you should come work with us:
- You will be building and owning highly distributed and scalable products and services.
- You will get the opportunity to work closely with a great team of software developers.
- You will understand what it takes to grow and operate a global business at our scale.
- You will understand our data-driven culture and how we make decisions that delight our customers.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 7 or more years of industry experience
- At least 4 or more years of people management experience
- At least 7 years with Java or C++, or other backend technologies experience
- At least 2 years with distributed systems
- Master’s degree
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working with products and services running in cloud
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life
- Good understanding of various JAVA open source libraries knowing what works and what doesn’t and why
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects and products that can scale
- Strong business and technical vision
- Deep hands-on technical expertise