Amazon Prime is looking for an experienced Senior Software Leader to lead the development of highly-visible and incredibly technically complex global delivery experience infrastructure to support a multi-billion dollar business for Amazon.
Some info about this opportunity and our team:
- Our mission is to provide consistent, accurate, and relevant delivery information to every single page on every Amazon-owned site, which means millions of customers will be impacted by your contributions.
- The changes we make directly impact the customer experience on Amazon websites on numerous platforms (mobile/tablets, desktop, set top boxes, etc.).
- This is a highly visible role, operating with many technical organizations and product managers across Amazon – with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
- You will drive strategic planning and project execution, recruit, hire, and develop the industry’s top engineering talent.
- This is a great position for someone who likes backend development and Service-Oriented Architecture, but wants to see and measure their direct impact on customers.
- We’re looking for candidates that have acted as a technical leader and built high-performance, scalable and robust systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment.
The Software Leader will:
- Own development of their product end-to-end
- Provide technical direction
- Establish and execute short and long-term architectural roadmaps for the business
- Continue to innovate on the framework to support delivery programs worldwide
- Manage multiple development teams focused on creating the complex back-end infrastructure
- Drive continual improvements to the efficiency and flexibility of the business platform while keeping an extremely high bar for customer trust, performance, and availability.
The ideal candidate has a track record of launching projects with Java/C#, C++, Perl, and distributed computing technologies on a Linux platform as well as deep expertise in mobile application platforms.