Mobile Shopping is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses. We build, launch and manage Amazon’s business on mobile websites and apps across all smartphone and tablet platforms. Our team is responsible creating the best shopping experience for customers wherever they go on their favorite mobile devices. To do so, we build core shopping features and invent new and innovative ways for customers to interact with Amazon on their mobile devices.
We solve interesting, real-world challenges - from optimizing content for small screen sizes, developing new ways to shop using tablet computers, overcoming slow networks to inventing different ways customers can interact with mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android Tablet, Kindle Tablet, Fire TV, Windows Phone, Android Smart watches, and Apple Watch.) We want to enable our customers to go from wanting a product to search, shop and buying it in 30 seconds or less!
We are looking for a talented Technical Program Manager who designs, drives, launches and owns new continous integration and delivery methods for the Amazon Mobile Shopping apps. The qualified candidate will own the technical strategy and platform direction for a new mobile-first CI/CD platform that could grow to enable mobile teams across Amazon. If you like to drive innovation and are passionate about raising the bar on mobile development, then we would like to speak with you about opportunities!
This role requires working closely with the Mobile Shopping team and key software development teams across the company to define strategy and requirements, and then lead projects through operations design and delivery. This position involves regular communication with management on status, risks and product strategy. Excellent listening, writing skills and strong technical competency are essential.
The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering broadly adopted technology products/services in a very high growth environment where priorities shift quickly. He or she is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence.
From a business and technical perspective, this TPM will:
- Have a strong track record of shaping strategy for technical products or services
- Understand how to design scalable software
- Be conversant with Continuous Integration technologies
- Collaborate effectively with internal partner teams
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Possess a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and how automation can be used to improve velocity
Professional traits which are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to earn trust of others
- Strong results orientation
If you're worried about technology and experience requirements- don't be. We're looking for smart, passionate and proven people; prior mobile experience is not required.