Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology.
Our Search Services team is committed to providing developers and their companies with tools and services to be successful. We have two products currently available on AWS: Amazon Elasticsearch Service and Amazon CloudSearch.
At AWS, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in Palo Alto, California.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will:
- Design, develop and support a world-class search platform serving individuals and businesses of all sizes
- Produce bullet-proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable; our primary languages are Java and Python
- Continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving business and market needs.
- Possess expert knowledge in large scale distributed system design and engineering best practices
- Participate in setting a vision and objectives for Search Services in alignment with business and market needs
- Drive and work on algorithm and architecture design, execute and deliver results.
- Invent the future of search, instead of just being a bystander
- Join a great group of motivated, top-notch, people and work with them to solve interesting and useful problems in a fun, collaborative environment