Are you interested in building high scale databases in the cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage and query huge amounts of data?
In AWS Database Services, our mission is to provide AWS customers with best in class data services in the cloud to store, query and analyze the enormous datasets that their businesses generate. We build distributed storage, index and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage and use. These are exciting times in our space – we are growing fast, but still at an early stage and working on ambitious new initiatives where an engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
We’re looking for developers with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in distributed systems, high performance storage systems, and database internals – experience with parallel query processing, distributed caching, or transaction processing are all big pluses. If this is you, AWS is a unique place where you can design and build innovative technologies in a very large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry. Position Responsibilities:
• Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
• Code and test system components; participate in code and design reviews
• Work with other teams within AWS to deliver and operate services
• Be responsible for overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
• Mentor other engineers, define the technical culture, and help grow the team