Amazon Web Services' (AWS) has started a brand new team (Glue) with a focus on building the ETL solution on the cloud. Glue's mission is to enable our web services infrastructure to support scientific and business analysis on large data sets with extreme ease of use.
AWS Glue is a fully managed ETL service that makes it easy to move data between your data stores. AWS Glue simplifies and automates the difficult and time consuming data discovery, conversion, mapping, and job scheduling tasks. AWS Glue guides you through the process of moving your data with an easy to use console that helps you understand your data sources, prepare the data for analytics, and load it reliably from data sources to destinations.
The team makes it easy and secure to use the massive scale of parallel computing by non specialized software programs, via multiple layers of abstractions, as well as development and deployment tools. The team aspires to work with the open source community and to contribute significant portion of its software to the open source. This will involve bug fixes, new functionality and individual time contributions in open source projects possibly including Hadoop, Pig, Hbase and others.
We are looking for an experienced technical expert in web services technologies to help us build our team in Palo Alto. As a senior engineer, you will work independently and with other software engineers including Principal engineers as well as program/product managers to create distributed services and front-end APIs for developers to consume. You will help shape the overall structure of the Amazon's web service offerings.
- Responsible for the over-all systems architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Responsible for real-time operational support of the team's functional areas.
- Developing and delivering quality services on-time and on-budget. Solutions developed by the team use Java, XML, HTTP, SOAP, Hadoop, Pig and other web technologies.
- Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with management and development team in bringing new technologies.
- Candidate must be able to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities.